AdviceFood Tips

Separating Frozen Ravioli

How can I separate frozen ravioli that are stuck together?

Put them in a bowl of warm to hot water. I do this with pierogies all of the time.

By Memere (Guest Post)

If you are using a bag of frozen ravioli and do not want to cook the whole package, I just bang the frozen package on the counter a few times. I find that this breaks then apart, so that I can pull out only what I want and put the rest back in the freezer. Works well with packages for frozen veggies too.

Do a quick microwave (check every 30 secs). Just enough to soften the edges, but not enough to cook or even defrost. The raviolis should still be frozen hard.

Then you can easily pry them apart. This method is especially good if you only want to remove a few ravioli and return the rest to the freezer. If you steam or soak them, you cannot refreeze because of the additional moisture.