Buy Sale Baking Products Now For Next Year

Now is the time to buy baking products for the year. Stock up on cake and brownie mixes, nuts (esp. pecans, I buy several bags and put in the freezer) and chocolate chips (we eat chocolate chips right from the bag as a snack when you just need a little chocolate, or on ice cream).

I usually buy about 10 cake mixes this time of year and use them throughout the year. Another thing is spices like cinnamon and real vanilla especially, which is really expensive, not on sale. Also, pumpkin which not only tastes good but is good for you.

Can anyone think of other things that are a bargain at this time?

By Tabbimama from MO

This is a great idea! My local store, Safeway, is selling cake mix for 79 cents a box this week, so I bought more than one. ;-)

Plus, the cake mix makes great cookies as well, so its always handy to have on hand.

Just be careful with things like flour which can produce weevils if left for too long without using.

Only 10 boxes a year? Lordy, you should come to my house! i use them for quick cookies at least once a month, cupcakes and such. I love to bake.

I buy flour (put in the freezer), sugar (keeps well), margarine (fridge or freezer) and chocolate chips. I found my favorite chocolate/mint Toll house chips at the 99cent store, mint chocolate chips are good all year long! This is my favorite time to stock up!

how do you freeze your flour? in what type containers? Will ziplock bags work? Can you also freeze cake mixes (in small batches in zip lock bags? thanks

By jean (Guest Post)

I freeze flour in its bag inside gallon zip lock bags, and it keeps well. Cake mixes can also be frozen in these bags, but I usually just keep them on the pantry shelf. A supermarket where I live in western NY has 10 for $10 sales on cake mixes several times a year, and I always buy 10 when they do.

I also freeze butter/margerine after buying it on sale. I have one shelf in my upright freezer for such things. Always date the bags so you use the oldest stuff first.

By no name today (Guest Post)

This time of the year I start thinking about all the things said just now, but also on sale canned goods like a years supply of canned sweet potatoes or yams, sauerkraut, pumpkin, cranberry sauce, canned or jar olives, relish, pickles.

Also walnuts and chocolate chips.

I date my cans with sharpie marker with the month and year I buy them.

By lmcgaffick@hotmail.com (Guest Post)

I usually stock up on stuffing mix and turkey right after Thanksgiving - I keep it in the deep freeze until the middle of winter when we're all craving a feast! This is also when I buy butter, flour and all kinds of baking stuff.

By jodi (Guest Post)

This is also a good time to put an extra turkey in the freezer. For some reason they seem to be cheaper at Thanksgiving than at Christmas. Just one turkey can be made into several meals

By (Guest Post)

I try to stock up on flour, sugar, baking supplies, and chocolate chips. Around Thanksgiving and Christmas, most stores seem to have really good sales them.

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingNovember 5, 2007
🍂
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf19018183.tip.html