Refill Snack Fruit Cups

I am a mom of four and a very frugal. If I buy applesauce cups for the kids, I don't throw them away. I wash them and make my own fruit cups to pack in their lunch. I cover the tops with Press 'n Seal. I buy the big cans of fruit (peaches, pineapple, fruit cocktail) from Sam's or Costco and can make many fruit cups much cheaper than paying over $2 for 4 cups.

By Oddeven Mom from Greensboro, NC

Does Press N Seal REALLY keep it from leaking in the lunch box?

Press 'n seal is great! It does keep the juice from leaking. I try to drain as much juice as possible before I put the fruit in the cup. Make sure you cover the cup completely with the press 'n seal.

I too save them, but only for things I can freeze. I go to the DT and find these wonderful cups for 6/1.00

They come in blue and purple and perhaps more. Their lids seal great and could be filled for the whole week ahead of time.
I like press and seal, but lets' face it, accidents happen and nothing is like a good lid that fits.

Wow that's a good idea, I like it.

By Diane (Guest Post)

I love it! I buy yogurt in the quart containers and do the same type of thing. I'm hitting dollar tree tomorrow to check out the containers PBP mentioned.

By Gail (Guest Post)

I also make individual jello for my kids with these type cups. They love it!

I recently reused my plastic cups that applesauce originally came in as treat cups at my church group, I was co-hostessing. It saved us a few bucks for not having to purchase others. This was exactly what I was saving them for, hoping to have enough by 'party time'.

Only one person came up to me to ask if I wanted everyone 'to save their applesauce cups'. I said, "oh, you knew what they were?" She said, "honey, you're not the only one here that recycles. I do it all the time!"

Food and Recipes Food Tips School and Work LunchNovember 20, 2008
👒
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf19277022.tip.html