How can I easily hold up my Gladiolus?

How can I easily hold up my Gladiolus?

An idea I used last year for taller plants that needed support. We had some extra snow fence, is very cheap, I used a hand saw to cut to size. Some plants I put it around entire plant others I enclosed whole sections.

Go online and Google "garden+supplies" and I'm sure you'll find a catalog that sells all sorts of flower supports. I get such a catalog all the time but, for the life of me, I can't think of the name of it! Sorry!

I have several flowers that need staking. I took scraps of the PVC lattice and staked them at either end of the flower bed. Then I strung some med weight cotton twine between them. Depending on the length of you bed, you may need some lattice (or something similar) in the middle. Love those Glads!

Our Dollar Tree had bamboo stakes that were about 4 foot high. They were a dollar each. Greetings to Mebane from Ahoskie, NC!

I have seen in a gardening catalog some stakes for Gladiolus. They are stiff wire, and are about 3 feet or so high. The tops are bent into a spiral about 6 inches and they are about the diameter of a saucer. I think you could make your own easily from a coathanger by straightening it out and bending it as described. Push this into the ground with the flower going up through the spiral at the top. I wish I had a photo of this. Perhaps I can bend a hanger and add a picture later.

Harlean from Arkansas

Whatever you use, you have to put it in as soon as your glads sprout. My father used bamboo stakes, and when the flowers started to show buds he would put a loop of panty hose over the stake and the very bottom of the bud stalk.