Tip for Smooth Gravy

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 169 Posts

Here's a tip from the worst cook in the whole world. This has gotten me a lot of laughs over the years but it really does work. I cannot make decent gravy (among many other things). When I hear people fussing about lumpy gravy and saying they can't make gravy, I just put on my helpful sweet old lady face and say to them "Do you not put your gravy though the colander?" Everybody at the table gets a good laugh and we go on with the meal. But, it does work. Just set the colander down in the bowl and smush out all those lumps for tasty, smooth gravy.

By Marty Dick from Houston, Tx

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 140 Feedbacks

I do something similar I put it through a strainer and press out the lumps. Hey great minds think alike. :)

You will get less lumps and more meat flavor if you use corn starch instead of flour to make you gravy. Just mix some with cold water and stir into gravy juices.

I get my gravy smooth everytime by using a wire whisk during the whole cooking time, no spoon, just the whisk.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsDecember 17, 2010
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf20080935.tip.html