Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

Ingredients

• 1/2 lb. bulk sausage (I use Jimmy Dean Sage)
  • 1-2 Tbsp. butter
  • 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • Salt and pepper
  • Biscuits

Directions

Cook sausage in a frying pan until browned. Remove from pan, leaving about 1 Tbsp. of drippings in the pan. Add 1 Tbsp. of butter and melt at a low heat. Add flour and cook together, stirring constantly. It will mix together and make a nice paste. Add the milk slowly, stirring constantly until it thickens to a gravy. Add back in the cooked sausage and mix together. Season to taste and serve over split biscuits (I use refrigerator biscuits, but you could certainly make a batch using a mix or even homemade).

Jess from Portland, OR

By Shonda (Guest Post)

I'll make this for a sunday morning for breaksfast.Something good in hot.
God Bless

We are on a low fat diet for health reasons, and although we don't have biscuits and gravy often, I have found a way to cut the saturated fat some. I use Jimmy Dean sausage also, but use the lowfat . It comes in a green label and has half the saturated fat. In place of the butter to make the gravy, I use canola or olive oil, and I use fat free milk reconstituted from powdered milk. In place of the biscuits, I use toasted whole grain bread...not quite the same, but still good when you get the craving.

Harlean from Arkansas

Anonymous

Great tweek for your low fat diet !

My daughter lived in South Carolina for 2 years and always raves about the biscuits and gravy. Would this recipe be close to what she was talking about? If not, could someone give me the recipe? I'd love to make some for her some time. Thank you.

Betty

Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastJanuary 26, 2007
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf20650313.tip.html