Pantyhose Soap Scrubber

This is a way to reuse nylons, tights, or stockings that can no longer be worn; as well as finding a use for soap scraps.

Cut off the legs, that's the part you'll be using. Save one leg for later use. Cut the toe off as well, so both ends are open.

Now the one in the book only mentions one bar of soap, but I like using three small ones. As I said, soap scraps are ideal for this, or hotel/travel bars.

Tie a knot in the stocking right around the middle. Slip a scrap or bar into the stocking up against the knot. One or two bars is ideal, if using scraps or travel bars. Then knot the stocking again on the other side.

If you want, add a bar on either side of the middle one, and then knot the ends of the stockings to provide a bit of a handhold. (See picture)

This kind of scrubber works well, and provides a recycling use for two different items. When the soaps are worn down too much to be of much use, slit the stockings open, and transfer the slivers to a new scrubber using the other stocking leg you saved and add fresh bars.

Source: A book called "Supermarket Superproducts"

By Hyena Cub from Omaha, NE

What a great idea! I think I'm going to stuff all my soap scraps into pantyhose now instead of just throwing them away! Thanks!