Norfolk Pine Turning Brown and Losing Needles

We had a hard winter for Corpus Christi, TX. Our Norfolk is now turning yellow, then brown and losing it's leaves/needles. The bottom part of tree seems to be OK. Is this caused from the hard winter or is there another problem? What should I do? This tree is 6 (+) years old and is approximately 14 ft tall.

By Vicki

Was the top, specifically the tip, damaged in any way during the storm? Damage, as well as pruning out the top, will kill a Norfolk, and it will behave the way you describe. I hope I'm wrong, but I've lost several of these. Mainly from a curious cat snapping the tip out, or bending it without breaking it out completely. Mine never lived to attain the glorious 14' yours did. My condolences from one plant lover to another.

Home and Garden Gardening Trees Tree HealthMay 23, 2011
🌻
🐛
📓