Dog Peeing in the House Since the Death of Other Pet

I have recently had to have my 20 year old Lab put to sleep. Now my 8 year old Boxer wees in house almost every time I go out. She never did if before when my other dog was here. Please help.

By janet scott from Lancashire, England

Hello Janet. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Lab. How blessed you are to have had that fur friend in your life for 20 years.

Your Boxer is grieving the loss of her lifetime buddy, too. She is probably picking up on your grief as well which can cause extra stress for the fur kid. She needs extra love and reassurance from you, and maybe a new adopted fur sibling to help her recover from the loss.

Just to be sure your Boxer is otherwise healthy, schedule a routine physical with her vet. Otherwise . . . love, time and patience are the best cures for grief. Wising you both well!

I have a Cavalier who messes in the house. She only started doing it, since I had my Westie put to sleep. What can I do?

By Trisha

Answers

Anonymous

Your poor fur baby is in mourning :-( If at all possible perhaps you could adopt another fur baby from a shelter to ease the emotional pain. If the shelter will allow it maybe you could take your baby with you (leashed of course) and see if he/she will choose their own new buddy there.

Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 31, 2011
🌻
🎂
📓