Finding the Expiration Date of Hershey's Cocoa

Category Helpful Hints
It can be difficult to tell if your baking supplies are still good from year to year. This is a guide about finding the expiration date of Hershey's cocoa.

I have two cans of Hershey's Cocoa and would like to know where to find the expiration date on them. Thank you.

Doris

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

Just looked on the back of my Hershey's Cocoa container and it says it's good until April 2010 ... I purchased it in 2007 (I remember because of a life altering experience) and who knows how long it was on the store shelves before that so I am assuming it's good for at least three years if not four ... Something like powdered cocoa is probably fine for even longer as long as it's stored in a cool, dry place ...

If you can't find a date on them I think if you made a couple cups of hot chocolate with milk would be a good taste test ;-) (1 tsp cocoa, 2 tsp sugar, 1 cup milk)

Best Answer

If you are referring to baking Hershey's cocoa, there should not be any problem with days IF you keep it dry and in a cupboard. Sunlight and heat will change the looks of the product, don't know if it will change the flavor.

What is the expiration date of a container of Hershey's cocoa powder with the code # 39E1B 3A?

By Joanie

Answers

Best Answer

The code 3A could be the date code. 3 being the year and and A being the month. So it could be the cocoa was made in Jan 2003. The 39E1B could be manufacturing information such as plant of manufacture and products used. You could call Hersey Co. at 1-800-468-1714 Mon. to Fri. 9 to 4 EST. and ask them for the date information. I have read not to use cocoa that is over 1 year old. One reason could be the older the product less flavor.