Don't Charge iPhone in Car

According to a tip I read on the iPhone tip-application, you should not be in the habit of charging your iPhone in the car using a car charger. If you do, make sure you only plug the phone in after the vehicle has been cranked, and remove the phone from the charger before the vehicle has been turned off. Apparently, when a vehicle is cranked and turned off, a surge of energy could possibly damage your expensive electronic equipment. Great tip to remember, a new iPhone without a 2-year contract costs $500. OUCH!

By one.of.a.kind from AL

I'm glad I read this, I was wondering if I should just leave my phone plugged in the car all the time. This makes sense Mine is not an iphone, but who wants to ruin their phone? Thanks for the great tip! Robyn

I recently received an email which showed horrible photos of a burned out vehicle. The owner was in the habit of keeping their iphone plugged into a recharger. I never keep my cell phone or GPS plugged into my cigarette lighter.

I heard that story about cell phones years ago. I never knew if it was true,but I don't leave my phone plugged in just in case!

Computers Smartphones and TabletsJune 17, 2010
🎄
🎉