Determining the Value of a Pottery Bowl?

Category Miscellaneous

I have gotten a bowl with a lid and a screw on handle. It's like pottery with a green leaf design and printed on the bottom of it is 702 BELL MFG U.S.A. Is this a collectible and what is the value? The bowl has a leaf on the handles that flare out and has a gold knob that is screwed into the lid to pick it up. It's about 4 inches deep.

By Debi

I know a little bit about pottery. If the information on the bottom is a sticker it's newer and done in mass production. If the information is inked or stamped on it's older than the paper sticker and if the information is molded it's much older than the other two types. The molding of information was done when pottery was first beginning and as more people used pottery, companies chose speedier processes.

Here's a link I located for you on Bell Pottery....then after reading, I suggest you check with the company in operation today and learn what you can before contacting an antique dealer which is my next suggestion.

www.campvance.com/Bell%20Pottery%20site.htm

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousJuly 23, 2011
😎
🐛
🌻
😷
Generated 2020-07-15 23:42:17 in 772 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf23562426.tip.html

MiscellaneousCollectibles