Product FinderConsumer Advice

Looking For Curling Bookends

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find and purchase a book end that is a piece of metal that curls up on itself from both ends till they meet in the middle and as you put books into the center it expands outward. They used to be made in lots of different lengths, back in the 60's or 70's but I can't find them anywhere today. I have tried to draw a picture of what I'm talking about, but I'm a BAD artist. Thank you much, in advance.


Bette from Phoenix, AZ

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

April 16, 20080 found this helpful

I remember those--they also made metal rulers that way also. Have you tried office supply stores or advertising places such as "national Pen"??

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Julia in UK (Guest Post)
April 17, 20080 found this helpful

They were called Bookworms in the UK. I had some but threw them away in the end because they turned rusty. Someone might still make them.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
May 5, 20090 found this helpful

Your best bet may be a consignment or resale shop or a flea market. With this economy, they're spinging up everywhere. While you're at it, you may find a lot of other good things! Good luck!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Consumer Advice Product FinderApril 15, 2008
Easter Ideas!
Mother's Day Ideas!
Pest Control
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/04/06 02:34:41 in 759 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!