My Cat Pees Everywhere

I have found out that my cat is urinating everywhere. She is in heat and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I need to know why she is doing this quickly and how to stop it. I am on a trip right now, can't go to a vet, and I definitively don't want to get kicked out of the hotel. Thank God they allow pets. Please help me!

By Will from New York City, NY

Best Answer

Thank you all so much! I got here checked out, and they said that she did have a small urinary tract infection, but nothing life threatening. We gave her some medicine and decided not to get her spayed. The antibiotics worked well and now she's fine! I didn't get asked to leave but I left quickly anyway. She doesn't do her business anywhere but the litter box! Thanks so much guys!

I can't help you at this horrible moment for you, but please get your cat spayed when you are back home.

Your cat may have a kidney infection. Get her to the vet! Also, check into having her spayed. There are many agencies that offer low cost spay & neuturing programs to combat the sad situation of unwanted animals.

Maybe this idea can help yout cat while traveling
http://www.suit  all-dogs-a110655

Anonymous

Poor little girl! She has a double whammy going on here! Not only is she in a strange environment but in heat too! Keep her in the bathroom with her litter box, food, water and some sort of bedding when you're not in the room. Instead of having housekeeping come in to clean just ask for a couple of days of fresh linens at a time and hand over the dirty linens to them in the mornings. I don't know how long your vacation is going to be but if you do need the cleaning service make sure your little girl is safe and sound in her kennel crate. Let her roam when you're in the room and give her lots of love and play time!

When you get home please have her spayed! It's emotionally more healthy for her and spayed cats and dogs have a far less chance of getting an assortment of internal diseases not to mention unwanted offspring.

Please have her spay. Poor little thing is so miserable right now. Not only are you not there but she is going throught this all by herself. She might have a urinary track infection. I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years and your Veterinarian can spay her when she is in heat. Please take her to the Vet.

Ditto the advice to have the cat spayed. The humane society does low cost spaying. Some rescue groups do also. It can be as low as $20 in my area. Be sure to have a unrinalysis done as soon as possible. Urinary tract infections are painful, and usually clear up with antibiotics without too much difficulty; but if you let them go on untreated can cause long term damage. If your cat has just a bladder irritation, the are cranberry products to add to the food that I have used and like. One from Only Natural Pets (onlynaturalpets.com) is my favorite. Good luck.