Reusing Cabinet From Cabinet TV?

I have one of the old cabinet-style TVs that no longer works. The cabinet is in good condition, I hate to toss it. Anyone have ideas for something else the cabinet could be used for?

kmc from Western Colorado

By DEBRADJ. (Guest Post)

We had one that my husband used it to store our old lp albums in. This one had a door but you could buy louvered doors and put on it to store just about anything in it.

By ButterflyS (Guest Post)

We used to have a TV repair and sales shop, so we often got in old TVs. Most weren't good for anything, but once we got one that was a dry sink in dark pine, just the color of my mother's dining room furniture. We took it to some Mennonites to have them put doors on it and shelves inside. It made a wonderful addition to her dining room and stores a lot of dishes. Some people made desks out of them or bookcases.

By Estella (Guest Post)

I have a nice one in my living room that has doors. I just put one shelf in it and it has been amazingly useful, holding all kinds of things that don't look so good sitting out. Telephone books, cameras, batteries, that kind of thing.

Also, I have several power tools mounted on top of old TV cabinets, since they are VERY strong.

By cheryl (Guest Post)

If the cabinet has doors, they make great liquor cabinets.

By jen (Guest Post)

I immediately thought a fish tank! Wouldn't that be interesting!

By Mama Sage (Guest Post)

My father-in-law made a sweater cabinet out of one. He fashioned a drawer that went into the space of the TV.

Our uncle had a really nice one. After the TV went out, he bought louvered shutters for doors, stained them to match, and converted it into a liquor cabinet.

It would have served the purpose for storage for anything though.

Home and Garden Home Improvement FurnitureOctober 9, 2008
🎄
😷
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf26183496.tip.html