AppliancesRepair

Steam Iron Spray Nozzle Not Working

I have a Morphy Richard's steam iron. It's spray nozzle is not working. Ii want to open the iron. How can I open it? It is model #40708, serial #40700.

khadi

It could be that the nozzle has mineral buildup that is keeping it from spraying, especially if you use tap water. You could try CLR if it is available in your area. Or try making a vinegar and water mixture and putting it in the water reservoir of the iron. Let it sit for a few minutes. Then pump the sprayer a few times either in the air or on a scrap cloth and if your iron has shot of steam do that too it will clean out the holes in the bottom plate where steam comes out as well. (As I am not familiar with this model of iron, not sure whether if has the bottom plate steam vents or not.) Then empty it out of the iron.

Add clear water, pour it out, then fill as usual for use. I would NOT take the iron apart in any way. Perhaps there is someone in your area who repairs small appliances and could do it safely. I just keep thinking, what if you can't get it back together again correctly? Or if you do get it back together, it doesn't work? Seems strange that if the iron came with a manual that it does not tell you how to clean it and its parts. I am a great believer in manuals for this sort of thing. I even try to get them when I get something at a garage sale or used item store. Maybe the manufacturer has a website you could access for info on how to clean your iron

If you read the instructions on the CLR bottle, it clearly says it should NOT be used on steam irons!