Helpful HintsFood Tips

Thaw Meat in Electric Skillet

An electric fry pan can be used to thaw stew meat. Place the frozen meat in the fry pan and cover with the lid. Turn the pan to the warm setting. When the meat is thawed, drain the liquid out and add a bit of oil. The meat can be browned in the pan to add to a crock pot soup or stew for less clean up.

By Ron from Cortez, CO

I am not sure how food safe this method is. I would think it would take quite a while for frozen meat to thaw on a warm setting. In my opinion, this method would invite bacteria on the meat which could make people awfully sick.

Ditto on the bacteria risk. It might take too long for meat to thaw on this warm temp & cause food poisoning. It is not safe, in my honest opinion. Not worth the risk. Sorry.