FoundationMake Up Tips

Getting the Last of the Tube of Foundation

Category Foundation

When I buy foundation makeup, my favorite shade comes only in a tube type container, much like toothpaste. When it is empty, there is a lot actually left inside the tube. I carefully cut the end off with scissors. I am then able to dig out another week's worth with my finger. No use throwing it away when there is a lot left.

By Margeth from Michigan

I do the same thing with my tubes of styling gel!

I do the same thing with anything that comes in a tube. I first cut the tube in half, then cut the bottom portion to make it a little smaller, clean out the top and put it in the bottom, then place the top of the tube on the bottom so it covers it completely. I can then clean out the entire tube and not waste any. When it's all clean, toss it.

By Jess (Guest Post)

I do that too, but I recommend using a cotton swab to get the makeup out rather than your finger. A lot of bacteria can build up in a week!

By londa (Guest Post)

My additional twist is that I keep the tube shut with a binder clip to keep the stuff cleaner and freasher.