Flower Baskets For the Birds

We enjoy watching birds build their nests and raise their little ones in the nest boxes, trees, and shrubs in our yard. My fondness for growing plants and flowers has turned out to be quite beneficial to the birds searching for nesting material. The lack of rain over the passed few summers has caused me to find creative ways to grow some of my plants and flowers.

Last summer, I planted some hen and chicks and various other succulents in a moss lined basket. The plants have thrived and continue to grow beautifully while the birds are enjoying the convenience of having the baskets nearby so that they can use pieces of the basket to construct their nests. I added a larger basket to my flower garden this year and planted petunias in it. The birds have already discovered this new source of building supplies.

By VeronicaHB

Anonymous

The ideas are good I did a search on Google and found more pictures of these type of
planters. They look so nice in the yard.

Anonymous

Here are more pictures This is a old gutter made into a planter and hung under a window.

Every one of those pictures are very lovely! Perfect timing on the post about nesting, just yesterday I put out nesting material we have saved up all winter, fur brushed off of our dogs and cats, threads, shredded little carpet pieces off the cat tree.

I put it out into a empty coffee pod 12 pack box right on top of my potters bench where they eat out of the bowl. I still have more, will put out spaced in time. Mine is not pretty at all, but will get their job done.

Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesApril 4, 2012
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf28035455.tip.html