Use Old Silverware For Curtain Tiebacks

1
Share
0
Save
Follow
Print

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 399 Feedbacks

I wanted some unusual tie-backs for my curtains. I like old oak furniture and countryish stuff. So I had the idea to take two beautiful old silverplated spoons that I owned and I bent them back into a "U" shape. I then drilled through the spoons into the window trim and had a beautiful and unique tie-back set.

The spoons also made me think of my grandmother. Before doing this, the spoons just sat in an old chest and were never used. Larger soup spoons can be used for bigger windows. Also, make sure before you bend the spoons which side of the spoon you want displayed. Some of my very old spoons have interesting "bowls" on them and that is the part I like to show. Usually I like the engraved or decorated handles to show.

By Janet from Brant Rock, MA

In These Pages
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenJuly 14, 2008
🎆
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf28590301.tip.html