Use Hard Boiled Egg Water For Houseplants

Cheap and easy feed for houseplants. When you boil eggs - save the water. Sieve out any pieces of egg that may have busted out during boiling. This water, when completely cooled, contains lots of minerals from the egg shell and makes a good feed for houseplants and can be used as often as you water.

Kindest regards -

By Borasic Lint from England UK

By Mary, Cleveland, OH (Guest Post)

Wow, what a great idea! Thanks!

I feed mine left-over, cooled tea, coffee, and the water from steaming veggies too. It seems to really perk them up.

By Sandra (Guest Post)

Also you can use just the egg shells. My grandmother used broken up egg shells and used coffee grounds for her houseplants. Works great!

People can even drink the water from boiling eggs. Just let it cool and you get lots of minerals and calcium for free.

Just make sure the shells are very clean before boiling the eggs.

Very good plan!! When I make potato salad, I boil the eggs in the same water as the spuds. I don't save it, but it's another way to conserve water, time, work and electricity.

That's being frugal! What a great idea! Can't wait to try it on my plants.

Thanks for this use age of water from hard boiled eggs, I will do this from now on.

I am wondering, do you use salt when boiling your eggs? I do and am worried the salt will kill the plants.

Otherwise it is a good idea. I do use old coffee, coffe grounds and tea. Will have to try the veggie water, too.

Wow, I never knew this.
I will be doing this from now on.

That's good to know. I'll be trying that ASAP!!

You don't even have to use water to get hard-boiled eggs. A couple of years ago, I heard about baking eggs. I nearly always had one egg or two break while I boiled them, but the only time I've had one break while baking was when I left them in the oven too long.

Let a dozen eggs sit out until they are at room temperature. Pre-heat oven to 325 F (you'll have to figure out the Celsius!). Put eggs in a muffin pan and cook for 30 minutes. Let cool and then refrigerate. These usually peel very easily under running water.

My husband is diabetic and eggs are something he can eat, and we both like having hard-boiled eggs available in the fridge. I marked an egg carton so there's no chance of them getting mixed up with the raw ones.

Home and Garden Gardening FertilizerNovember 21, 2007
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf30267442.tip.html