Preventing Bleach Stains On Clothing

Category Laundry
Finding mysterious bleach spots on your laundry, even when no bleach was used, is frustrating. This is a guide about preventing bleach stains on clothing.

I am getting bleach stains randomly on clothes in the washer when no bleach was used. Please post other possible solutions you may know of. I've tried with no success. It drives me crazy! I do all my daughter's laundry and have used bleach so I guess I'm going to never use that dispenser again. It is a front loading machine. I was thinking I would pour very hot water down the bleach dispenser a couple of times, then run the machine empty with detergent. What do you think? The other things, I can try?

By Sherry Berard

Answers

I am getting the same thing and I have a top loader. I hate these so-called "energy efficient" washers. I think it's because you have to put the soap in without diluting it first because the washer will not fill up with water until the lid is closed and locked. So, I'm going to buy the Tide Washer Cleaner and if that doesn't work I'm going to start diluting the detergent prior to adding it to the machine. I NEVER had these kinds of problems with my plain, no-frills washer that I regret getting rid of.