BeveragesFood Tips

Reusing Coffee Grounds

Call me cheap or call me frugal but with my fixed income and the price of coffee going up, I wondered what will happen if I just put water in my coffee pot without adding anymore coffee. I usually use one heaping tablespoon to one cup of coffee. Well lo and behold, I had a second cup but the second cup was not as strong as the first. I decided to just add a half of a tablespoon for the second cup of coffee. Got the surprise of my life and saving money at the same time. Less money spent on coffee.

By Macie4 from Walnut Creek, CA

Yepper! Since my hubby just had to have a Keurig. I've found I can get a big, big my size cup a coffee by running that reusable filter I insisted on, for two "big" cycles n one "small" cycle. Just pop the thing out and give the sides a tap to move around the grounds! I save all the grounds to use for other things, like teens stinky sneakers! Ha ha ha ha.