Lemon Supreme Dessert Cake

This is a cake that satisfies the most fussy of lemon flavored dessert lovers. It is both easy and delicious, cool and refreshing. Great for summer parties and family meals anytime. It's one of our favorite cakes. This is one of the few cakes I make using a boxed cake mix. I've tried making it from scratch, and it just never tastes quite the same.

• 1 (2-layer size) pkg. Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix
  • 2 (3.4 oz. ) pkgs. Jell-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding
  • 1 1/2 cups very cold milk
  • 1 (12-16 oz.) tub Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
  • shredded or flaked sweetened coconut (optional)
  • very thin slices of fresh lemon (optional)

Directions:

Grease which ever pan or pans you'll be using with solid shortening (I always use Crisco), and flour lightly with all-purpose flour.

Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 2 (8 or 9 inch) round cake layers. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

When cool, level the cake layers if you are making a 2 layer cake. Use any trimmed cake in pudding after first making crumbs of the cake.

Beat pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 minutes. Immediately spread over tops of cakes. Carefully stack cake layers. Frost sides and top with Cool Whip. Sprinkle on coconut and garnish with very thin slices of fresh lemon if desired.

Julia's tip: Try baking cake in a greased and floured 13x9 inch pan; cool thoroughly. Do not remove from pan, and no need to level.

Spread cake with pudding mixture, then 12-16 oz. container of Cool Whip. Sprinkle on coconut and garnish with the thin slices of fresh lemon if you're using them. Refrigerate until time to serve.

Servings: 12 Generous Servings
Prep Time: about 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: depending on pan size and oven variants, approximately 30-40 Minutes

Source: Duncan Hines Test Kitchens Hand-Out Sheets

By Julia from Boca Raton, FL

I've made your Lemon Supreme Cake which is almost the same as this one, and it's a favorite at out house, but I think this one which has the added Cool Whip might take it's place. It sounds so cool and refreshing. At least, I'll have them both. The plain Lemon Supreme Cake is more like a Lemon Pound cake, so we'll enjoy them both.

Thank you Julia. ww

Oh my, this does sound cool and refreshing! I know we can't finish a whole cake at my house, so I will have to make this when I go to my daughter's house. It sounds like a slice of summer!

I love the addition of the CoolWhip since it makes it a really cold dessert which we all love in the hot summers. We can enjoy it almost every day in southern CA.

Thanks for sharing.

This is what my father would have called "A Sunday Cake". Anything that
had whipped cream on it was in that category. I think he just loved whipped topping of all kinds; and if you put a cherry on top, it was a celebration. He was our sweetheart, and when I make this cake, I will be thinking of him.

Thank you, Pookarina

This is the perfect Sunday Dinner dessert. We're having company this weekend, and this will be a nice surprise for everyone. I was looking for a dessert that is cool, easy and can be prepared a day ahead. This is just right.

Thanks for sharing it.

As my granddaddy would say, "this is a fine tasting cake Lee", and I'll
agree with him. I'm still making your Lemon Supreme Cake that you
shared with us a few years ago, and this is something like gilding the lily.
We'll sure try it, and I know it'll be good too. I just hope I can make it
and save it in the fridge long enough before somebody gets into it. These

kids are like homing pigeons when it comes to the sweets.

Thanks again for sharing Julia.
Lee

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesAugust 23, 2011
🐛
🐰
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf31443180.tip.html