WildlifePhotos

The Hungry Squirrel

Category Wildlife

Not sure if this qualifies for a pet, but I feed and water them just as I do my other pets. Only problem is the squirrels get up before I do. This is what I saw out my kitchen window this morning as I was pouring my first cup of coffee. The jar has popcorn in it and I usually spread it out on the blocks, but guess he was hungry and the blocks were bare. Once I fed them, the other 10 or 12 showed up for breakfast buffet.

the_hungry_squirrel.jpg

By Harlean from Arkansas

They're such fun to have around. I have 2 big grey squirrels and 2 big black ones. They drive my cat crazy. She sits in the diningroom window and they romp around the tree outside the window.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Harlean, what a funny guy! I feed the squirrels along with the birds ... they are so entertaining!

I love the picture!

Jennifer
Northern Virginia

Reply Like this photo? Yes
By Rev Alex (Guest Post)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photo. I once fed a squirrel regularly, and he got to the point of demanding breakfast early each morning, chattering loudly at the window until I fed him.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
By Vicki (Guest Post)

How cute! I feed the squirrels & birds like I do my dogs also. They chewed a hole in my screen so I bought bins to keep the food in. I have little squirrels, birds, ducks & chipmunks.

One chipmunk lives in a hole under the rocks under my maple tree. I have a chipmunk living in my garage too. I'm not thrilled about it but as long as he doesn't chew up my garage I'm o.k. with it.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Harlean, I always enjoy your posts you have given
me WONDERFUL tips. This pictures is cute and caught in action! I used to have a squirrel run across
the brick ledge outside window to irrate cat. My cat
used to body slam herself against the glass trying to "get" the squirrel we used to laugh watching.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Sometimes, if squirrels get too familiar, a bite can be a problem to you or your pets. In many areas, squirrels are carriers of rabies. If you don't know, check with local animal control or your vet.

Reply Like this photo? Yes