Shredded Paper As Cat Litter

I have a tip for recycling paper. I shred all my flyers and newspapers and use them as litter for my cat. It saves so much money and is not as heavy to take out to the garbage. It works great.

By Linda

I tried this about a year ago and was very dissatisfied with the results. The paper just got all over the room as it wasn't heavy enough to stay put when the cats got in there. Glad it works for you, it didn't for me.

Have used it and it works. My former vet's office used shredded paper in the litter boxes in the cages. I took good sized newspaper(the Boston Globe, LOL) and tore strips lengthwise in 1-2 inch width strips. They kind of curl up in the box. Be sure the box is deep enough and you don't use too many or too few.

Doesn't the newspaper hold the odor of the urine really bad?

Pets CatsFebruary 23, 2012
🎃
🎂
🌻