Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice

My Frigidaire model "FPS23LH5DW0" side by side refrigerator's icemaker will only dispense crushed ice now. I replaced the filter yesterday and cleaned out the ice bucket and now it will not give ice cubes, only crushed. Any advice on how to fix?

By Michael from Palm Springs, CA

I also had this problem with my Frigidaire Gallery fridge. I was following the instructions that Nancy from Tampa FL gave above. When we removed the mounting bracket and spiral rod assembly, we noticed a spring fell out. What we found was the E Ring Solenoid was missing. With a trip to Home Depot and the purchase of a 50 cents E Ring Solenoid (3/16 in), we now have cubed and crushed ice.

By Karen from Houston TX

I changed the silinoid . Still don't change from cruched to cubed why

I just had the same problem. Pull the ice tray out and empty the tray. look at the front of the tray where the ice will flow. I had a piece of ice stuck where the ice dispenses.

The crushed ice spring was open. Pulled out the piece of ice and now the ice maker is dispensing cubed ice again. Be careful. When I pulled out that piece of ice, a spring released. This could possibly get finger pinched.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesJanuary 10, 2011
🍀
💘