The Inside of Dog's Ears Constantly Dry

How do you relieve dry skin in a dog's ears? His ears are dry inside and out. I clean them all the time because he scratches the side of his face until it bleeds! Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

By Stephanie

Mix a little olive oil with some water add a couple drops of tea tree oil. Put this in a spray bottle. Shake well. Mist a wash cloth and rub gently. The olive oil will soothe the itch, and the tea tree oil will heal it. Also you may want to treat for ear mites. That is what it sounds like.

With no disrespect have you considered making appointment with the only qualfied person to contact about this problem? your Veterinarian

Anonymous

You keep saying the same thing. Most people come on these sites because vets are so expensive. Also vet medicine like people medicine can often by replaced by inexpensive, gentle, home treatments.

Anonymous

Um, no disrespect, but this is where people come to ask for guidance from other pet owners. If they all wanted to call a damn vet, they'd not be asking.

Anonymous

I have brought my dog to the vet and they say there is nothing wrong with my older Chihuahuas ears, I also mentioned to my groomer and she also did not see anything wrong with them, so I have saught professional help on several occasions. I love in Colorado and it is dry and elevation is high..any suggestions as to what to do to help her stop feeling itchy? My vet says she is normal in the ears and may just have a habit of itching them and the groomer gave her a hot oil bath for her skin..