AdviceGardening

Plant Food for Tropical Hibiscus

I have a tropical hibiscus that I brought indoors several months ago. It has had 3 flowers on it so far and has about 9 more buds coming. What type of plant food should I give it?

Darlene from Dover, PA

By Kinga (Guest Post)

RX 30 what is used for evergreens. They like acidic fertilizer. This was on a sign in a green house. This is what I use and my plants do well. Look on the internet for care of hibiscus.

By (Guest Post)

Osmocote for flowering planst is good. But the best thing ever is chicken manure. Never used it inside though. Not sure regarding odor. The manure must be "cured", in other words not fresh. Also you can buy "worm food" at Walmart. This is basically a liqiud fertilizer made from worm droppings. Great stuff. The "CS" as we always called it works miracles and will produce more blooms than yo can imagine. Use spraingly in order no to burn the plant.