Growing an Easter Lily Indoors

I received an Easter lily as a present. I have looked for information on how to care for it indoors, but I keep seeing that after some time they have to be planted outside. I currently don't have any space to plant outside. How can I keep the Easter lily alive and well while keeping it inside in a pot?

Thanks

By Isaura from Charleston, WV

One important note-- these are highly poisonous to cats (not sure about dogs). Many people don't know that so I thought I'd pass it along. Here's a link on lily care:

http://www.theg  /easterlily.html

Anonymous

My easter lily was given to me as a present. I live in an apartment how can I keep my easter lily alive indoors

I have an Easter Lily I have has for 3yrs. now and it is living in a pot in my bathroom. It have morning sunshine and afternoon partly shaded.

it is about 3feet tall and doing good. It has a lot of TLC but I water it when the soil feels dry about 1 in down inside the pot ( every other day). I give it no special care and it is doing just fine.

how do you stop an Easter from growing before it's time and to stop before it chokes out the second plant that is beginning to grow? The first one has grown so big that just has leaves and no flowers I live in an apartment, and don't have a place to plant it outside. It is still in its original pot. I need an answer quick! Thank you for understanding.