VegetablesRecipes

Roasted Creamed Corn (Freezer Meal)

Category Vegetables

This recipe is for all of those that have a good supply of corn at this time of year. This is delicious. Cut fresh corn off the cob till you have 24 cups (I needed 5 dozen to get this amount).

Put in a large roaster with 1 pint of half and half cream and 1 pound of butter. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hour. Stir often. Cool and freeze.

When company comes and you want to WOW them with a vegetable, just put a small amount of water in a pan and drop in the frozen corn. Put a lid on the pan and wait until it is all thawed. Add salt, pepper and sugar at this time, if desired.

By Leanna from Dayton, PA

Thank you so much!! I remembered my granny doing corn this way, but have never been able to find the recipe and directions. I have been looking for 10+ years! Thanks again, Robbyn