DishwasherAppliances

Dishwasher is Flashing CL Code But Door is Closed

My Frigidaire dishwasher just stopped working properly. It flashes a CL code and didn't finish its cycle. The CL code means that the door is not closed, but the door is closed. What can I do to easily fix this?

By Big Shu from Dayton, OH

Don't think it's a problem that can be easily fixed yourself. Call someone to repair it.

Have you completely emptied and cleaned the inside well, including the gaskets? could be a sensor that has dirt over it.

If the problem shows well into the washing cycle (about 18 min) when the heater is turned on it might be the following problem:

If you're sensitive to high voltages disconnect the dishwasher from the electric first or open the breaker.

Open the black cover over the control board inside the door. To verify that you have the same problem that I experienced you can try to run a full cycle after disconnecting the single red wire from P8.

If the problem doesn't show then (maybe a flashing HO instead) it's the same problem.

If you locate the resistor R30 (maybe different number on your version of the board) near the relay block you might notice it's somewhat burned up.

Replace it with a 240 Ohm (or close to it) 1/4 Watt resistor. Mine worked after that.

I had the same problem, CL code stopping in the middle of cycle. Richard is the man. I did what he said, remove P8 wire and ran a cycle, ran fine. Then replace the 240 ohm burnt resistor, mine was R38. it was burnt like he said. Go easy on board, not too much heat, easy to damage traces. I lifted a trace and had to jump with small wire. but it works great. THANKS RICHARD!

Thanks for the great info. I found my resister burnt and replaced is as mentioned above. It fixed the CL problem but know i have an HD flashing. I replaced the heating element and high limit tstat.

Still never ending HD flashing. Any ideas? If the heating element heats the water to 140 then where is that temperature sensor located since the hi limit tstat can't be it.

Anonymous

I couldn't find a 240 but I found a 220 it ran one cycle then started doing it again. Can I use a 340 ohm 1/4 amp