This is a craft that recycles wrapping paper from Christmas and a glass jar.
- puffy paint
- a piece of pretty wrapping paper
- glue stick
- huge black permanent marker
- Make sure the glue stick can fit inside the jar and you can straighten it out to glue the inside of the shape you will make.
- Paint a shape on the outside of the jar with puffy paint. I chose a heart.
- Tear little pieces of wrapping paper up. Put glue stick on the inside of the jar, inside the shape you have painted with puffy paint. Cover the pretty side of the wrapping paper piece with glue from the glue stick. Press the wrapping paper piece with glue on it to the inside of the glass jar, color facing out. Keep doing this until the shape becomes filled with the pieces of wrapping paper.
- Take the black permanent marker and outline each piece of paper and it's border. This is done on the outside of the jar. If you cannot see the border, just freestyle it.
When this is done, it looks like a stained glass design.
To make this craft for Valentine's Day, just use pink colors. You can trace flowers, etc, with stencils if you like and fill them in this way.
I happen to like making anything that uses little parts and combines them into a whole.
By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN