Strings Pulling Out Of Towels?

0
Share
4
Save
Follow
Print

Why do strings pull out on new towels so soon? Twenty years ago, I kept towels for five years or more with NO strings. Now after just 1 year, I have lots of strings, washcloths too.

Cheryl from Severn, MD

I think they're making things more cheaply than before. I have towels that I bought when I first moved to Oregon 23+ years ago and they still look nice and are wearing well. Newer kitchen towels are falling apart with less than a year under their belts.

Do the words MADE IN CHINA spring to mind? Most of the merchandise in stores today came from China or other places where cheap (slave) labor is used.

I agree with the "Made in China" problem - here in Australia it seems that everything is made in cHina and the quality is just not there. All our factories have shifted off shore and it's heartbreaking to know that once we had good quality cotton articles that were made in Australia but no more

They just didn't sew the hem shut successfully, missing some and leaving gaps. You could run a line of zig-zag pretty fast and anchor those strings.

Home and Garden Repair OtherAugust 24, 2008
🐛
😎
👔
🎆
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf34469591.tip.html