Buying Kettlebells Cheaply

I've noticed that kettlebells are much more expensive than hand weights. Even Wal-Mart has high prices on them. Have you seen them being sold cheaper anywhere? I suppose a detergent bottle is an alternative!

By Liz

They are really expensive! I also know that a detergent bottle might not be ideal for some of the exercises, as the weight is not centered in the same way. I have found them less expensive on craigslist--if you keep checking, you may find a really good deal. However, if you go to youtube.com and search for "make your own kettlebells," there are some really ingenious solutions there! One guy made his own with an old ball, sand, and lots of duct tape. It is shaped just like a regular kettlebelll, handle and all. Not super attractive, but works! Good luck!

You could try Ocean State Job Lot if you have one in your area,or Best Buy.I've seen them at these stores including Walmart-but Job lot is cheapest!

I found mine,and in different sizes in the back of T J Max (9.99) this amazed me the pretty colors(pink,purple,blue) was nice ,too.They started at the 3lbs. up to 20lbs. when I first seen these was on the Biggest Loser love that show. Being a fanatic I had to know about them.Even the info commercials had them so high it was out of my range.

Then I discovered them,they had great prices on so many workout things, I will be going back!I hope this helped, it shows they are out there. Maybe saling, what didn't sale for the higher prices.Now that they aren't the "newest,latest" thing you may check out a used shop that resales workout equipment also. I paid 10 cents a pound for my dumb bells. Good Luck!