Product FinderConsumer Advice

Buying a Blacklight

I had a cat who relieved itself on my carpet. I need to clean it up and make the smell go away. I need to know where the spots are, which requires a black light. My problem is where to buy one, especially in a small town. I can get to Walmart or Home Depot, would I find one there? Please help!

By Kip from Llano, TX

I have seen black light bulbs that fit into a standard socket at our Walmart during the Halloween season. Perhaps your store would have some in stock - that would be much less expensive than purchasing a black light and would take up much less storage space. Good luck!

Automotive shops too!

This won't solve it today, but Amazon.com has portable battery-operated blacklights made just for this purpose. They also come in very handy for locating scorpions.

Thank you Quanarose! I went to Amazon and found a 12" black light for $10! Looking for cat urine stains is not pleasant, but it will get my house smelling much better!

Thanks to all of you who had a part in helping! Kip

You are so very welcome.

I went to Amazon this week and bought one too. Your post reminded me of scorpion season being upon us and I have been meaning to get one for ages.

So thanks to you too!