RoastBeef

Duplicating Lost Pot Roast Recipe

Many years ago I had one of those recipe file card collections. I want to say it was from McCormick, or McCalls (but don't quote me on it). There was one recipe that was so good, but I have been unable to find it or duplicate it. I remember some of the ingredients; chuck roast, potatoes, peeled and cut into fourths, carrots, peeled and cut lengthwise and crosswise into fourths, V8 juice, and I think tomato sauce. When it was done the sauce on the carrots made them the best tasting carrots I have ever had. Please help me find the recipe.

By kate

Found this recipe in an old Home Economics Cookbook. I don't if it's the one your looking for, but hopes it helps.

Family Pot Roast
1 3 TO 4-lb. chuck roast
2 tbsp. fat
3/4 c.water
1/2 c. hot water
1/2 c. catsup
1/2 c. V-8 juice
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. onion salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
8 med. potatoes, peeled and halved
8 lg. carrots

Brown meat on both sides in hot fat; add hot water. Cover and simmer slowly for 1 hour. Combine catsup, V-8 juice, garlic salt, onion salt and pepper. Slowly pour sauce over meat, covering all of meat. Simmer for 2 hours. Add potatoes and carrots. Simmer 30 minutes or longer until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Thank you Cindy, I will try it this week.