Best Blender for Making Smoothies

I need a new blender. Does anyone have some suggestions on one that is inexpensive. The one I have does not crush ice to make smoothies and that is really the only item we make in the blender. I thought about a smoothie machine, but I want a blender to have if we ever make something else.

Thanks.

By mindy

Best Answer

I recommend purchasing a Vita-Mixer. It's very high speed and I've made homemade peanut butter, powdered sugar, smoothies, chops ice. I bought a used model on eBay and would be lost without it. The model that I own was made with a stainless steel container. They are very expensive if you buy a new one, and they aren't made as well as the older models.
Check out this website: http://www.vitamix.com

Best Answer

Hello! My suggestion is buying a Magic Bullet that has been broadcasted via infomercial for several years now. The smoothies are actually blended in the cups it comes with, so there are less dishes to wash. You can also customize the smoothie flavors instead of having to make a big batch of one in a regular-sized blender.

It also grinds spices, nuts, cheese, makes whipped cream, etc. The list goes on. Some people have complained about the quality of the item, but if it's used correctly, it should last you quite a while. I've seen them sell on ebay for quite a reasonable price. I've had mine for a few years now and use it frequently, nor have I had any issues.

Anonymous
Best Answer

I bought an 'Oster 16 Speed Blender' that also has an ice crusher button (that's the little white button on the left of the attached picture) about three years ago. They only cost around $40.00 at Wal-Mart and it is wonderful! Besides using for my smoothies I use it for all kinds of cooking recipes and don't need a bunch of extra gadgets that most mixers need!

Best Answer

When our blender quit crushing ice effectively we ordered a replacement blade (made especially for crushing ice) from the manufacture. Cheaper than buying a whole new blender, and helped keep it out of the landfill as well.