Pattern for a Vintage 1950s Glass Windchime?

I would like to have a pattern for the small glass windchimes that came from Japan in the 1945-1960s. I remember them costing 25 cents to $1.25. Here is a picture of one my daughter bought for me. It was about $30 and much larger than the ones I want to make. I want just one tier. Anyone know where to find one? Or the pattern?

Thanks.

By Vi Johnson from Moorpark, CA

Looks like I forgot the picture. GG Vi

I remember them, but have no idea where to find them or a pattern to make one. If you check on e-bay maybe they would have one listed for sale.

I remember seeing these. I don't have a pattern, but from looking at the picture and the fact that you want a small one, I would determine what I wanted to use for the string part. Then I would get macrame rings and wrap them (or leave them showing the metal color).

Fasten the strings together at the top with a small ring, bringing them down and attaching the larger ring or rings, and then leave long ends to hold the chime pieces. You might find small decorative pieces of glass at a craft store, or you might have to cut your own or use some other material. This is at least a starting point.

Thank you for your responses, and good ideas.
If I get one made i'll post it for you to see.
Thanks again,GG Vi

Did you ever find a way to make this winchime? I was just thinking of this type of wind chime this morning and tried to find one online with no luck. The ones I used to buy in the dime store as a child had the prettiest tinkling sound!

I was thinking you could get some lab slides and drill small holes in the ends for the string to go through. I remember on the old ones the glass and string were attached with glue an decorative paper.

The paper was rice paper

I have made lots of these but here is the problem. If you drill little holes at the top of the glass to tie the string to the glass the glass makes a clunking sound instead of the tinkeling sound the origamis made. You have to find a way to glue the string on the glass to get the nicer sound

I've also been trying to find these and have such fond memories of the sound. There are some listed on ebay that I don't think are quite as old as they ought to be and have surprising prices, given what the chimes cost originally.

Inexpensive and elegant, they epitomized the magic of Japanese design. If you can ever find it, there was an early Robert Altman movie--Images--that used the sound of these chimes in a somewhat ominous way to signify the growing disorder of the heroine's mental state.

Crafts Glass ArtApril 30, 2010
😷
📓
😎
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf37061799.tip.html

Glass ArtCrafts