Decorating a Teen's New Bedroom

I'm 13 and I am moving. My room will be 13x12. I need some help decorating and help with a color. I have a desk, a chair, a double bed, and a fish tank. I also have a walk in closet.

Nia

You must be very excited to get your own room !

What's your favorite color? What are your hobbies? Do you like sports? Do you like to read? Can you post more detailed info? Thanks ! =)

i like the colors porple and green i also am a fashonista hope these details help

Purple and green are complementary colors (they're my favorite color combo)

Choose your main color (walls)and your secondary color (for your door, trim, etc).

You could use black and white for your accents (that's what I think of when I think "fashionista") -- picture frames, furniture, cool things on the bookcase and desk, etc. white would probably be best for your furniture, or even a white wash. You can go to a mirror and glass shop and get a piece of glass to go on your desk....and put your favorite fashionista-stuff under the glass.

Your bedspread can incorporate any combination of these colors and you can have different colored pillows to bring it together.

Can you draw designer-like fashion sketches? What a cool way to decorate your room! Frame your sketches, make a collage, decoupage sketches on furntiure -- hope these ideas help !

(PS: I bet the fish tank already has all these colors !)

If you're keeping the same comforter, window treatment, and/or rug, use that as the basis for your color scheme. Even if you plan on buying new, the fabric will serve as the basis of your color scheme. Its easier to use the fabric for inspiration than the other way around.

When I was about 11 or 12, I painted my room pink. It wasn't very long before I hated it. I had to paint it green a few years later. Just keep in mind that in a couple years, you'll be 15, and in a couple more, 17. It's really easy to outgrow a room that is too young for you. I know it can be tempting, but I would stay away from the really bright, girlie colors. Since it sounds like a smallish room, you probably want a pale wall color to open it up. Neutral colored walls are great for redecorating later. Some good neutral colors are pale-pale orange, or a nice sunny yellow, light tan, or even white. You can always add more color through accessories and bedclothes. And it's fun to add new and memorable things to your walls as you go with sticky tack or small tacks.

You are lucky to have a walk in closet. That is great. I saw some good teen bedrooms here:
http://www.scra … s-for-teens.html
You will see how a lot of them use the bedspread colors on the walls or on one wall too. So that is a huge decision, what you bedding will look like.