Briggs and Stratton Engine Not Sparking?

0
Share
1
Save
Follow
Print

I have a Briggs and Stratton T1600 Twin engine on a riding mower. The mower is going okay. I replaced a newish coil with an older spare to see if it was working. There was no spark. I replaced it with a good coil, still no spark. I tried magnets on the flywheel VG, coil gaps 0.005 to 0.010" between coil "horns" and flywheel. I disconnected the coil earth lead to the switch and there was no spark. Any ideas please.

By phil kempthorne from Plymouth, England

I had the same problem this spring. Check to make sure the brake engaged, the key is in start position and throttle is set to choke. If this does not work, be sure the air filter is clean - you can wash it but be sure it is completely dry. If it still does not start, check the relay module. I opened mine, be careful when you pry the module apart, cleaned the dust off the contacts, replaced the two parts and the engine started after several pulls. It is also a good idea to drain the gas out of the tank after your last mowing of the year. I always drain my tank and change the oil before putting the mower to bed. Hope this helps.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersMay 14, 2010
🌻
🎆
👔
Generated 2021-06-18 09:53:55 in 796 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf37643605.tip.html