Wildlife: Irish Fox

Behind my Grandsons' house in Ireland is a beautiful green field, very large, surrounded by wooded areas. In the late afternoon, recently when we visited, a beautiful fox came out on the green to nose around. It was very cold and windy that day, and I was some distance from him.

He nosed around in the grass area, coexisting with some birds, which are not in this photo, and after awhile went into the woods. What a beauty! He was red brown and about the size of a medium canine-another lovely Ireland experience. What a lucky day it was for me and my camera!

By Bob35

It looks like a red fox to me. What a gorgeous creature. Thanks for sharing your lucky photo!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos WildlifeDecember 2, 2011
🍀
💘