TipsHair Tips

Removing Glitter From Hair

Category Tips

Does anyone know how to remove glitter from a small child's hair?

Jeannie from Leander, TX

I was a preschool teacher for many years and got glitter in my own hair many times. The only way I could get it out was to wash with shampoo several times until it all came out. The shampoo helps and kind of sticks the glitter to it. I am not sure if anything else will work or not.
krista wyoming

Yes. Condition your hair first. This will help loosen the glitter. Shampoo will make it stick and you will have to wash and re-wash several times. If you condition, shampoo and then condition again, that should do the trick!

Coconut or another oil. I was just at Disney World to have my 11month old get his first hair cut and they put "pixie dust" in his hair afterwards. It didn't come out with two washes.

I used a good deal of coconut oil (baby or olive will work too) and massaged it into his scalp, then used a fine tooth comb (like for cradle cap) and brushed it every which way. Got 99% of the glitter out.

Anonymous

Thats a good idea