TipsFrugal Living

Buy Old Newspapers from the Library

Purchase old newspapers from your library for the extraordinary uses of them. I stopped subscribing to the local paper several years ago as the price went up and the amount of content wasn't as good and the paper got smaller. It's an extra $104 (back then) a year I can use on other things. I can get the online edition free.

I paid under $2 for the big stack of newspapers I got at the library, therefore helping them out a little bit as well.

Source: Self induced frugality.

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia, Mo

By Diane (Guest Post)

Nice idea but you may be losing out on valuable coupons. I buy the Sunday paper and pre pay it for the year for 54.00. That way I get all the store circulars and all the coupons. I don't use a ton of coupons but I definitely average more than the dollar a week I pay for the paper.