Where Can I Find an Electric Bed?

I am in a wheelchair and I have been looking to find an electric hospital bed. The one I have is giving up the ghost, and I really need one bad.

Sandra from Milton, FL

Best Answer

Where I live, there are places that loan then out, and maybe even sell, them cheap.

Is anyone in the family a member of the American Legion? A while back, we had a need for crutches. I called and got a pair from them for as long as needed. Not sure if all areas do this, but its worth a try. Also call funeral homes. Ours used to have Hosp beds, crutches, walkers, you name it, to loan out.

Also call the American cancer socitey and ask them. When no longer needed somtimes families donate them. Call hospitols, assisted living places, the list is endless.

If nothing else, place an add in the local paper. You never know, maybe someone would donate one to you. Once we bought a DOUBLE size hospital bed and later on sold it, but I would have given it away if it didn't sell. Sometimes they sell things just because if they put that it's free they wouldnt get any calls.

Best Answer

We have several places in our area that sells USED hospital equipment. Just look in the yellow pages under "Medical equipment, used".... BUT, before you do that, first search you local "Craig's list" because the cost will be MUCH less!

www.craigslist.org/.../sites.html

---> Go to the above URL, then click on your state, then click on the city closest to you, then click on the "Wanted" area & post a note there, then search the word "Medical " & also "Electric Bed"... Then look in the "Household" area. They also have Forums, this may help you.

I've had MUCH luck with Craig's List. I've bought 2 cars at 2 different times from there. Plus: When I moved I gave away a whole lot of things on the "Free" section...even things I thought No one could possibly want (like 20 5 gallen buckets of clean but used ceramic clay dust!... (It seems people use it to build "Cob" houses & Cob ovens)... I even found the electrician who installed my 220 on Craigs list. Just be a little wary as you would with any classified. (People have been ripped off when they've been asked for "half down" on construction jobs then never heard from again)... But 99 times out of one hundred, the people are great, stand up, wonderful people.

*Also: If you qualify, there are also places that help under-privileged Veterans.

Best Answer

Salvation Army is great place also. If they don't have an electric bed for you, they will put you in touch with a way to find it or someone who can help.

Best Answer

You might be eligible for one through Medicare. Have your Dr. fill out the forms and see. At the time I injured my back, I bought an electric bed with vibrator/heat optional at the ORTHO Store. ($900 and could claim it on income tax). I have had it for 30 years and it is still working. (it doesn't have side rails though).

I also buy egg create mattresses for the top from a medical supply store becuse they are much deeper/better made than the dept. store ones - 4 inches GG, Vi

thank you very much for the information i will try these things out and see if i can get something going thanks sandra

By Angelique Farmer (Guest Post)

try freecycyle.org

If you want a new one call a medical equipment company. I used to work at a Medical Equipemnt supply and we usually rented the beds, but sometimes people would come and just buy a brand new one or even a used one.

Check it out.

By Esther, N.C. (Guest Post)

I used to live in California and my daughter needed an electric hospital bed for a short time. My friend suggested a non-proft organization that aids convalescent people with equipment that they loan to you. You might try going through your yellow pages for convalescent aid non-profit agencies.

Consumer Advice Product FinderDecember 31, 2007
🎄
🍂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf41833363.tip.html