Walmart Matches Competitor's Ads

Wondering if many know that Walmart will match competitor's sale prices. All you need to do is bring in the ad flier from the competitor and they will match the price at the register. Just a note, they do not honor "buy 1, get 1 free" sales and the item to be price matched. It must be the exact same product name or if fruits and vegetables, the same type, size and weight.

This has saved me a lot of money in gas as I no longer go from store to store for sales when grocery shopping, and I can still get the name brand things I like, without paying full Walmart prices! This past week I saved about $25 because I had fliers from 3 other local stores, where the things we really needed were on sale!

By Carrie from El Paso, TX

I use this opportunity all the time and it amazes me at the number of people who don't.

I have been doing this for years at my local Wal-Mart, using the ads from my town and the one next to me. Yesterday I was told that I cannot use the ad from 'out of town' anymore. At Christmas they had ads on TV saying they will honor anyone's ads, now I can't use one from 15 miles away? Does anyone know the policy on this?

Thanks!