Reduce Cat Allergies With Monthly Bathing

If someone in your family is allergic to cats, you can still have a cat! Stop the allergies by bathing the cat once a month. My daughter is allergic to cats so we got a kitten and started bathing her once a week for several months, then we slowed down to every other week, then only once a month after a while. I've done this with several cats. If you start them out young, the kittens don't mind the water at all and will just relax and enjoy their bath. Believe me it really does stop cat allergies. This is backed up by research from universities.

It's usually the cat's "dander" that causes most allergies. Just make sure the water is warm but not hot (I used my elbow to gauge the temp like you would for a babies bath) and start at the cat's bottom and move to the front. Be extra careful when you wash their sweet little heads and keep the soap out of their eyes. I recommend a "no tears" shampoo for their heads. If you have a spray nozzle attached to your sink, it's a bonus, otherwise use a small pitcher or cup.

By Cyinda from near Seattle

Removing the carpet from the house will take away the biggest problem with dander. My husband is pretty much cured since we removed the carpet a few years ago. We went from going to the emergency room very often, to using his inhaler only about once a year.

Severe allergy where eyes water, throat affected can be helped with Pantothenic acid, a part of the B vitamins. Name escapes me but popular author who wrote "You are What You eat". O D a tad as it will pass off in the toilet if your body does not absorb all. Relief in 20 minutes. My neighbor had some really good response with her cat allergy. She had visited a home. Their cat was removed to another part of the house but my poor neighbor suffered an allergy attack that was pretty severe. I did not try this as I have not the allergy. what have you got to lose? Try it.