MeatFood Tips

Applying BBQ Sauce To Chicken

How do you apply BBQ sauce to your chicken? When I bake chicken I apply BBQ sauce 15 mins before its done. However, when I apply it on one said and try to turn it over the chicken sticks to the pan and some of the meat comes off the bone.

Is it best to apply it with a pastry brush? I just pour it right out the bottle on one side and let it cook for about 10 mins on high heat and turn it over and pour it on the other side. Do you have a better way to do it?

Onesummer

Have you tried baking your chicken at a lower temperature? I do the same thing as you when I use BBQ sauce for chicken or pork, but I place it in a corning ware, and cook it for about 1 hour in a 350 oven.

I take the chicken out of the pan and into a serving dish when done, put BBQ sauce on it and let it rest, so the sauce moistens up the skin. No BBQ sauce going in the oven.