Ginger (Long Haired Dachsund)

0
Share
Pin
6
Save
Follow
Print

Another use for FlexHair conditioner. When my Long haired Doxie, Ginger was alive, I used to bathe her with fancy expensive dog shampoos.Then I tried Flex Shampoo and Conditioner. She smelled so good & her coat was very soft and shiny. And she was 16- 1/2 when she went to rainbow bridge.

By Great Granny Vi

What a beautiful dog! I am so sorry about the loss of your dear pet. It brought tears to my eyes, and thanks for sharing the information, and the photo.
I use baby shampoo on my "baby" who is a German Shepherd-mix. The vet didn't seem to think I should use "human" shampoo or conditioner, but thought Mane "N" Tail would be OK. I can't really see where it would hurt. I have always heard not to feed dogs "human" food, but what is canned dog food? Chicken, beef, turkey...the things that we eat. I cooked chicken for Lewis, my dog, that I would find on sale.

The vet said the reason he is still alive is because we give him lots of love, and good nutrition.
He is 14 years and 3 mos. old. He is arthritic, and now, thankfully, he will eat dry dog food. I would reccomend Purina Senior dry dog food. That seems to be the only kind he will eat.
I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a pet, and I can't seem to prepare myself to get ready for the inevitable. We keep Lewis in the house, and he is extremely spoiled, of course.
I should close, before this turns into a book, but I would like to ask advice about his shedding so much. Where he sheds looks like tumbleweeds. I try to brush him often, but sometimes forget.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Oh pretty, Ginger. 16 and 1/2 years show what good
care and a lot of TLC can do along with all those

happy memories.
For the lady who asked about shedding, go to
pet aisle in WALMART and get the Brewers Yeast tablets they really do help with shedding. My Jack Russel Terrier loves them and no more massive shedding on couch. Also people give Glucosimine
vitamins (for humanes) to help arthritic dogs and check with your Vets most approve and it eases
pain.
Good luck.
Happy pet momie.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a beautiful animal. I am so sorry for your loss but be patient.....she is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge!!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Granny Vi
What a beautiful Dachshund. I know how painful it is to lose a pet. Just remember that even though your Ginger will never be replaceable, there are many many dogs (and Dachshunds) out there who need you as much as you may need them.

I'm sure there is a lot of love in your heart and there sure are dogs out there who can use a little love.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks to all that posted here. I am happy to tell you that we have a new love. Buddy is a found dog. We are getting to know him and he us. He has a bad habit of running off the minute he can get past us. And he will not stop or come back. A challenge to an older couple. We have all his shots updated and collar and will soon have him "Chipped" . He is totally different than Herbie & Ginger. Thanks all, Great Granny Vi

Reply Like this photo? Yes
By FMC (Guest Post)

Sorry about your loss. We just lost our 15 year old black long haired dachsund (Siera) on 2/6/06 and so far the loss has been un-bearable.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Pets Pet PagesMarch 7, 2005
😎
👔
🐛
🌻
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf443600.tip.html