Homemade Diaper Rash Ointment

To treat diaper rash without having to pay a lot for ointments that can be expensive, it's easy and inexpensive to make your own. Mix 1/2 cup petroleum jelly with 2 tablespoons cornstarch. This makes a creamy paste that you can store in a old medicine bottle or any empty small container you have.

This can be used between diaper changes and it really works. If used regularly, it also prevents diaper rash. I used it on my children when they were babies. So much cheaper and you can either make more or less depending on how you use it. Got to keep their bottoms soft and dry!

By dorothy wedenoja from New Creek, WV

This sounds like an "old-timey" recipe - wish I'd thought of it when my kids were in diapers!

You can also try organic extra virgin coconut oil. You can use this oil for almost anything.

After searching for the cheapest concoction for diaper rash cream, I came upon your recipe using the following ingredients:

1/2 cup petroleum jelly
2 Tbsp. cornstarch (I used cornstarch baby powder- Publix brand only $2.99)

I added a squirt of Creamy Baby Oil - Cocoa and Shea butter for softness and the wonderful smell. $2.99 for a large tube at Publix. I used it today and it works great! It's just as thick as the Boudreux's I was using, but 1/4th of the cost. This is also 1/3rd of the cost of Desitin. Love it!

Parenting Baby HealthOctober 11, 2011
💘
🍀